In essence, web apps are dynamic websites that offer powerful functionality, like user interaction, database access and management, and extensive browser search generation. Running on external servers and not limited to a particular operating system or device, web apps are a great choice for businesses and are used today for a number of purposes from social networking and online shopping to banking services, education, and corporate management optimisation. Whatever reason you have for beginning a web app development project, we can assist you to do it well and maximize your results.
Application Development for Businesses
- Reduced costs and overheads because of more streamlined work
- Improved productivity with automated and powerful web instruments for employees
- Greater outreach to millions of potential customers
- Increased and steady revenue streams from an expanded customer bases
- Wider brand awareness and recognition as an innovative, modern company
Who Needs a Web App?
How Can I Create a Web App?
- Workflow: Computing power can complete many routine and complex tasks that free up employees to focus on other areas, as well as optimizing schedules and work plans and coordinating multiple tasks, sales and projects.
- Access and function: The technology of yesterday, desktop computers, are far too limiting for the demands of today’s markets. Fortunately, a web app allows for greater mobility and flexibility in your transactions and dealings, in addition to the many new possibilities only available with new technology.
- Reach: The web is the quickest way to reach the largest number of prospective clients, in addition to being a platform that offers instant pathways for communication.
- Innovate: The brands we recognize today are not only among the best in their field, but also competitively find new ways to interact with their customers through the power of modern digital channels.
Client-side scripting programs are web applications that run on the power of a user’s browser (the “client’s side”). Such applications have source code that is viewable with a right click on any browser and is usually created with a combination of several languages:
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP, often combined with various database servers, e.g. MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- ASP.NET (an open-source web app framework from Microsoft)
- Active Server Pages (ASP, ASP.NET’s predecessor)
- Zend Framework (ZF, an object-oriented web application framework for PHP)
- Adobe ColdFusion (a rapid web development platform)
- Perl (a free general-purpose dynamic programming language, larged replaced by PHP)
- Ruby on Rails (a free web application framework written in Ruby)
- Python (a free high-level, dynamic programming language)
Frameworks in Web Application Development
Benefits of Web Frameworks
Coding Standards and Conventions
Why Use Coding Conventions?
- Frameworks separate Logical (program actions and Design (HTML, CSS) features, compartmentalizing the different segments of a project, which allows multiple teams to work on their elements independently without interfering with other elements before merging them together. A perfect example of this is allowing a visual design team to work on the aesthetics of an interface without the need for programmers.
- Web frameworks break code into modules that associated tools and libraries feed into, allowing a development team to rapidly implement sophisticated functionality into an application.
- Frameworks simplify the work of teams, establishing strict, readily understood standards that all programmers follow and eliminates confusion on shared projects, which are also easily updated to follow the latest guidelines and industry standards.
- Programming style
- Folder structure
- Programming practices
- And much more
- Simplification of collaborative work with other developers working on the same project.
- Easy program maintenance and updating
- Widest range of device compatibility
How to Approach Web App Creation
SDLC ModelsCompanies that follow the waterfall model, in which development occurs in progressive layers, building successively on top of each other. The typical order of this method is:
- App discovery
- Specification of requirements
- Analytical research
- Architectural design
- Concepts and mockups
- Code examination
The Web Software Creation Process
Starting from Scratch
Testing Web Applications
Benefiting Businesses and Customers
- Project Outline (project purpose, objectives and strategies)
- Audience Research and Analysis
- Technical Specifications (functional specifications and hardware/software requirements)
- Summary of Features
- Workplans and Project Management Logs
- Interactive Prototypes
- App Wireframe and Architecture
- Web App Architecture (development methodology and plans for upgrades, optimization and growth)
- Market Research and Analysis
- Third-Party Services and Platform Selection (merchant account/payment gateway, external server, SSL certificate, distribution agreements, self-service checkout systems, website analytics tools)
- App Mockup (design layout, app prototype, interface, database design)
- Testing Logs and Documentation (quality assurance management, data security, cross-browser compatibility, load impact and stress tests for app performance, usability assessments)
- Post-Launch Support
- Code examination and bug testing
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Performance (stress tests and load impact tests)
- Application security control
- Quality assurance
Consumers and providers alike are changing rapidly in this technical era, and customers continue to demand the highest quality and and lowest prices on goods and services. Now they are also heavily influenced by the quality of their experiences. Your business will always decide how to handle price and quality, but a well-designed web application allows you to compete and win in that third realm.
Companies who have struggled in recent times have been able to turn that around with web apps, innovating to keep their businesses not only relevant, but successful in the face of shifting markets and new customer behavior. The possibilities are limitless on the web, so don’t hesitate to discover what new opportunities await you and your business by going online.